- Conditions We Treat
- Doctors & Staff
- Alternative Medicine Treatments
- Cleansing & Detox Therapies
- Physical Therapy
- Oxygen Therapy
- Natural Skin Care
- Contact Us
The concept of food combining is very important to insure proper digestion. The general guidelines are that foods that digest best together can be eaten together regularly, while those that are difficult to digest together are better eaten seperately, or infrequently together.
The following chart illustrates which food work well together, which you need to be cautious with, and which don't digest well together.
Basic rules to understand are:
- Liquids should be separated from foods, 30 minutes before, 45 minutes afterwards
- Proteins and starches should not be eaten at the same meal
- Vegetables combine well with both proteins and starches
- Cooked fruit and dairy, represented in the yield symbols, should be eaten cautiously with any of the main meal foods.
- Raw fruit should be eaten alone away from other foods